PT Level I Practical Training :
Visible (Red) and Fluorescent Penetrants of various types of different surfaces use of dry, wet, solvent suspended developers.
Liquid (Dye) Penetrant Testing (LPT) Level-II Course
Training Course Objective :
To provide the personnel with full theoretical and practical knowledge of PT process and related standards.
PT Level II Responsibilities :
To perform and direct PT according to the established or recognized procedures, select test methods to be used, set up and calibrate equipment, interpret and evaluate result according to applicable standards. Develop PT techniques adopted to problems arising during testing, prepare written instructions, organize and report test results.
PT Level II Course Outline:
- To select proper test technique and equipment as per established procedure
- To calibrate, set and carry out test or supervise testing by level I operator
- Prepare test report for acceptance/rejection as per standard
- Have knowledge of merits and limitations of MT and other common NDT methods
- Prepare written procedure for level I operator
- Responsible for care and maintenance of testing machines and accessories
MT Level II Course outline :
- Review of Level-I course
- Selection of Techniques
- Codes, standards and Procedures
- Acceptance Standards
- Interpretation of Indications
- Preservation of Indications
- Manufacturing processes and discontinuities
PT Level II Practical Training :
- Same as Level-I + Interpretation, evaluation and recording of test results.